The Little Tigress

The Little Tigress

Sunday 31 March 2013

Rhyme of the week - "The wheels on the bus"

What a rhyme it is. I just loved it. I will ask mummy to sing this for me next week too.Mom acts for the rhyme and she makes me do actions for the lines. I love it when mom presses my nose tip with her finger for the line " the horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep...".  It's so fun that I can't stop myself from giving her a cute smile :).

Some history about the rhyme:

"The Wheels on the Bus" is an anonymous United States folk song dating to the mid-20th century. It is based on the traditional British song "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush". Mom sang that rhyme also but said I would be confused with both. She will continue with the US version for now. There are quite a number of verses in the rhyme.Many additional verses have been added to the song over the years, and from other countries.




No comments :

Post a Comment